We don’t think twice about squishing the mosquito that dares bite our brow. God had every right to punish us rebels. He could’ve wiped us out at the garden. He could have wiped us out throughout any point in history. In fact, he could also have simply left us alone, ignoring us and leaving us in our frightful plight.
Yet, here is what Scripture tells us:
- But God demonstrates his love for us (Rom 5:8)
- But God is faithful (1 Cor 10:13)
- But God, rich in mercy and love gave us life (Eph 2:1-5)
- But God gifted his Son (Rom 6:23)
- But God chose the foolish things of the world (1 Cor 1:27)
God, who had the right to condemn, didn’t use that right. Instead, he extended salvation and hope at just the right time in history. Instead, he sent His Son, born under the law and born to a woman, to bring peace and good will to mankind. Rejoice! God set aside his rights so that we might be made right with him.