1. Make the Holy Scriptures your sole authority for your justification, forgiveness,
and hope of glory (Rom. 5:1; 1 John 2:12; Col. 1:27).
2. Make the Bible your daily companion, and prayer, at least night and morning, your
characteristic daily habit (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1Thess. 5:17).
3. Confess Christ at all times, and under all circumstances, by word, behavior, or by
silence (Lk. 12:8,9,11; 2 Tim. 2:12,13; 1 Pet. 3:4).
4. Do not in public relate your experience, telling how good you are, how devoted, how
holy; let the life tell (Ex. 34:29; Ps. 66:16; Phil. 3:13-17).
5. Never go to meetings or join in amusements where you would not like the Lord to find
you (Ps. 17:4,5; 1 Cor. 10:31; Titus 2:11-14).
6. Give up at once for Christ?s sake, all habits, all ways unlike the Lord (1 Pet.
2:11; Eph. 5:13-18; 4:22; 5:1-4).
7. Do not choose as companions any who are not distinctly on the Lord?s side (Ps.
1; Acts 4:23; 15:38-40).
8. Never ridicule or make fun of the mistakes or weaknesses of any, especially of
Christians (Rom. 14; Eph. 4:2; 1 Cor. 12:21-26).
9. Avoid as you would the plague, all and every form of joking, jesting, and punning on
the Word of God (Eph. 5:4: Ps. 119:22,63,103,133).
10. Make it a rule never to read books or periodicals, the writers of which do not
regard the Bible as fully inspired (John 5:44-47; 1 Cor. 2:10-14; Rev. 1:3).
11. Meet with your companions often for prayer and conversation on the Lord?s
things (Jude 20; Mal. 3:16; Heb. 10:24,25).
12. Watch and pray. Live only and wholly for Christ. Wait for God?s Son from
Heaven (Matt. 26:41; 2 Cor. 5:15; Phil. 1:20,21; 3:7-15).