God, in all three persons, created everything. Anything that exists owes existence to God.
- The Lord alone made all things (Isaiah 44:24)
- There is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things (1 Cor 8:6)
- All the hosts of heaven made by the word and by the breath [Spirit] of His mouth. (Psalm 33:6)
These passages show us that God, in all three persons, made physical stuff AND spiritual beings.
We also know that God didn’t have to do this. He wasn’t forced by necessity or something lacking in the Godhead. He freely decided to do this and shared his nature through that creation.
- Man and Woman are a picture of God (Gen 1:26-27)
- The stars declare God’s glory (Psalm 19:1-6)
- Creation reveals God’s invisible attributes of eternal power and divinity (Rom 1:20)
Go outside on a clear dark night. Or Stand on a high mountain and look out. Or look down while your plane is taking off. Revel in the wonder of God’s creation!
Holy, holy, holy: Lord God Almighty! All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea. Holy, holy, holy: Merciful and mighty! God in three persons, blessed Trinity