Carmon of Buried Treasure started this game and I wanted to play so now I’m being interviewed by Rebecca of Rebecca Writes. If you want to join in, read through and follow the directions in the end.
- Who are the Plymouth Brethern and how did you get to be one? I?ll keep it short. The Plymouth Brethren is what people started calling the group of Christians that would gather together to break bread and do their home Bible studies in the 19th Century. These folk would get together in homes, read the Bible, worship the Lord, fellowship with one another and pray?and many were blessed. They didn?t affiliate themselves with any overarching church in those early days simply calling each other brother or sister and referring to the whole as ?the brethren?. The movement eventually hit a rough spot over interpretation of the responsibility of the local gathering to other gatherings and they subsequently split down the middle. The brethren mostly believe in ?reception? instead of ?membership?. If you want to break bread with the brethren, you come to the gathering, tell the elders who you are and who you believe in, and we?ll sit with you and break bread. If you decide to stay there, we start to use you in different ministries as the Lord leads. Here’s a link for more info.
If someone gave you $1000 dollars and said you had to spend it on yourself, what would you buy?
I?m going to answer this completely selfishly. Normally I would try to save it and buy whatever we need for the new baby?but I would dream of spending a chunk for an ipod and another chunk for a flat-panel 21 inch monitor. Here’s another link.
What your favorite movie of all time?
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. I would cheat and say The Lord of The Rings Trilogy but no one would buy that. Darth is Luke?s dad, Luke loses a hand and the good guys lose. Plus I saw it when I was pretty young so it is pretty near and dear. Here’s a link.
What’s the best thing about being a dad?
Seeing the world for the first time all over again. Having an understandable conversation on the sofa while it?s snowing. Him telling me about how pretty it is and how he liked the snow angels we did some weeks ago and if I want to go play guitar with him.
Tell us one of your pet peeves.
They?re kinda in the tie: Jumping to conclusions and Ignorant statements. Can?t stand them both. Puts my teeth on edge and foam at the mouth.
Here’s how you can play the interview game:
1. Leave me a comment saying ?interview me.? The first five commenters will be the participants.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.)
Can’t wait to see these other interviews.
Update: I added links.